In my new quest for weight loss, I’m trying to eat healthier. No brainer, right? Well some things I just never have had before, including granola. I mean I’ve had the granola bars before but never had regular straight up granola and it seems to be the “it” thing to make these days.
Lucky for me when we had our Biggest Loser brunch, my friend Jennifer brought some granola and yogurt. I gave it a try and loved it. I loved it so much that I found myself wishing I had some more that same afternoon. And that evening, I went to the store and got the ingredients and made it. I think my husband thought I had lost my mind, such an immediate love for GRANOLA?? Then he ate some. And he loves it too. So try it, might be your new favorite thing! Thanks for sharing, Jen!
Recipe from Jennifer D., originally from All Recipes
4 cups old-fashioned oats (don’t use instant or quick, they won’t get as crisp)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour oats into a large bowl, set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, oil, honey and cinnamon and bring to a boil. Once it’s boiling and the sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour over the oats and stir in, folding untill well incorporated and no clumps are forming.
- Spread in a large shallow low-rimmed baking pan and bake 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. When it’s golden brown, remove and stir in the raisins.
- Store up to 3 weeks in an airtight container.