Got that? Sort of a crazy title, huh? Well it’s sort of a crazy cookie.
It’s also one of the best cookies I’ve ever had. Seriously addictive. And there is just one left in the cookie jar and my daughter is demanding we make cookies tomorrow. Hmmm… The original recipe called for a certain amount of Oreo cookies, but I had only three left. So I crushed those three (they were the ones with the pink berry icing) and added chocolate chips to compensate. The end result was the most fantastic fluffy cookie. I think when I make them again (*cough* tomorrow *cough*) I’ll only use the three cookies and add chocolate chips again. Maybe I’ll even do the Halloween colors.
Chocolate Chip Cookies & Cream Cookies
Recipe adapted from Sing For Your Supper
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp white granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 large egg
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp milk
3 Oreo cookies, crushed
1 cup chocolate chips (plus more if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a stand mixer (paddle attachment) or hand mixer, beat together the butter, sugars, salt, vanilla, baking soda and baking powder until well blended. Add the egg and beat until smooth and then add the flour and beat until well incorporated. Stir in the milk and then stir in the Oreos and chocolate chips. Don’t over-mix.
- Use a cookie scoop and place the cookies 2 inches apart on a baking sheet with a silicone mat or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 11-15 minutes until turning golden around the edges.
- Remove to a cooling rack.