For some reason, I’ve been craving s’mores like crazy lately. And want to hear something shocking? I only recently had my very first s’more. Love.
I needed a dessert for an event recently and started looking through my bookmarked “to-make” recipes and landed on this one. Yum! It was pretty easy to make, the only hard part was spreading the crust part on the top and bottom. I suggest spraying some nonstick spray on your fingers and then doing it, works much better! Also, the two chocolate bars didn’t quite cover the whole dish, so I am going to make it three chocolate bars.
S’mores Cookie Bars
Recipe from Lovin’ From the Oven
1 stick butter, softened
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 king-sized Hershey’s Milk Chocolate bars
1.5 cups marshmallow fluff (the jar kind, not regular marshmallows)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl with a hand mixer), cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, graham cracker crumbs and salt. Add to the bowl with the butter mixture and blend well.
- Divide the dough in half and press one half of it down into the bottom of a greased 8×8 casserole. It helps to spray your fingers with nonstick spray to do this. Break the chocolate bars into pieces and place over the top of the dough, covering completely. Spoon the marshmallow fluff in, spreading to cover the chocolate (it’s easy if you spray the back of the spoon with nonstick spray also!). Press the remaining half of the dough into flat squares and cover the top of the casserole.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until turning golden. Cool completely before cutting and serving.