I’m a Pinterest addict. I admit it. I probably need a 12-step program because I cannot tell you how many times a day I look at it. This is especially bad because not only are there neato home and craft ideas, but bazillions of yummy recipes. And I want to make them all! This is not good for a dieter.
So when I’m having something at my house, I see that as my chance to make something delectable without feeling guilty because I’ll only take a bite to taste it. I decided to make this absolutely sinful banana bread for a playdate and it was a huge hit. It was sooo freaking good. I went ahead and threw in a quarter of a pack of chocolate chips because heck, why not! It was so rich and packed with chocolately goodness! There was one small piece left and I made sure my husband ate it, I could not be trusted alone in the house with this bread!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Banana Bread (with chocolate chips!!)
Recipe from Cookies and Cups
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz bag Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (look in the candy section)
1/4 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the bananas, sugars, egg and oil. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir until well blended.
- Fold in the peanut butter cups and chocolate chips then pour into a loaf pan that has been coated with nonstick spray.
- Bake 50 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean. If the bread is browning too quickly, you can lower the heat a little.