The weather here has been really beautiful lately. We’d love if it were a little cooler, but hey after temps over 100 for months, we’ll take it! When its beautiful out, we like to grill, so we decided to do these quesadillas.
I apologize in advance, my picture doesn’t look great. Looks like I can add quesadillas to the “Hard to Photograph” category. I tried, I really did. But don’t worry about the picture because these were really great! We really liked the flavor combination and the extra zip of the bbq sauce. We used our old standby for the bbq sauce, Stubbs. Great stuff, you should try it. Anyway, these were slightly involved, since you had to grill the chicken first. But you could easily cheat and head over to a bbq joint and just pick up some bbq chicken!
Grilled Chicken & Pineapple Quesadillas
Recipe from The Pioneer Woman
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 flour tortillas
1 pineapple, cut into long strips (see Pioneer Woman’s website for pictures of how to cut it)
seasonings to taste (we used Tony’s)
3 cups Monterey Jack Cheese (shred your own, it melts better)
1 whole jalapeno, sliced (optional)
BBQ Sauce – we used Stubbs
- Prepare grill, make sure coals are ready.
- Season chicken with desired seasoning, grill until no longer pink in the middle. When the chicken is almost done, baste with bbq sauce and allow to finish cooking.
- Thread pineapple onto long skewers and grill just until warmed and grill marks appear.
- Cut the chicken into slices, cut the pineapple into chunks.
- Inside: heat a skillet over medium heat, melt a little butter. Add 1 tortilla and on one half of it, layer the chicken, pineapple, jalapeno, cheese and a little drizzle of bbq sauce if desired. Fold the empty side over the filled side and cook until cheese melts. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut into wedges and serve with your favorite quesadilla condiments.